This programme aims at encouraging young dancers to collect postage stamps depicting dance. In this way they will:
- familiarize themselves with the infinite variety of dances around the world
- acquire a pleasant and educating pastime, not requiring much time or expenditure
- make friends by exchanging stamps from their collection
- get inspiration for creating new dances or costumes
- get satisfaction by exhibiting their collection in their environment
For dance teachers
- Show some dance stamps to your pupils. You can also have enlarged photographs printed or make enlarged photocopies.
- Commend them in class to show the rich potential of dance expression.
- Use them to illustrate a dance history course.
- Plan an exhibition of the stamps to be collected.
- Plan a lecture with slides of the stamps and information on the dances depicted.